The Club Grant program enables the Foundation to assist Clubs implementing NEW projects in their community!
This Program was announced in July 2008 to provide $500 matching grants for NEW projects by Optimist Clubs.
Guidelines for the 2017 Club Grant Program:
- Any Adult Club served by OIF is eligible to apply for a $500 grant for a NEW project of the Club.
- The project must start and finish between April 2017 and March 2018.
- Grants to Clubs will be matching grants, with Clubs expected to show plans for the matching the money and reporting the results. Clubs will complete follow-up reports.
- Grants are for one year only.
- Club dues must be current.
- Clubs might consider using the Pass Through Program to obtain donations from local businesses and Foundations.
The Review Committee will strive to achieve geographical balance and programming diversity in awarding the grants and will support projects that assist children and foster diversity, and directly involve Optimist Member’s participation.
2017 Important Dates:
January 2, 2017: Applications available online and by fax or mail by request.
March 10, 2017: Applications must have been RECEIVED in the St. Louis office. (DO NOT send to P.O. Box!)
May 19, 2017: Winner notified and asked to identify someone to receive check at the International Convention.
September 1, 2017: Follow-Up Reports Due for projects completed by June 30, 2017.
March 2, 2018: Follow-Up Reports Due for projects completed by December 1, 2017.
June 1, 2018: Follow-Up Reports Due for projects completed by March 30, 2018.
To see a listing and some examples of past winning projects, click here.
For 2016 Club Grant Program Winners:
Let us know how your project went! Don’t forget to fill out the 2015 CGP Grant Final Accounting at the completion of your project. Complete and return this form to the Foundation offices via email, fax (314.735.4119), or by mail; all grant recipients must fill out and return this form after your Club is finished with their event/program.
But, don’t just send the form!
We are also looking for any photos, news articles, testimonials, and/or stories from your event or project! Tell us about your success; send these in as well!